While flipping through the photo heavy autobiography (which is a super easy read), there was one page that completely caught me off guard. It was called, "How to Wax Yourself."
I was like, 'OK, so now K.K. is an esthetician?' But then I remembered that episode when Kourtney gave Khloe a Va-J-J waxing and it all seemed to make sense...
Um. That's not normal. I totally should have warned you about that"behind the scenes" waxing part. So sorry. Let's try to forget about that and move on.
While in the book, the Kardashian sisters advise taking a pain reliever about 30 minnutes before and using ice to dull the pain, the following article says cooling the skin tightens up the pores and could make it hurt even worse: How to Guide: Waxing Bikini Area.
Marie Claire magazine also offers the following "DOs" and "DON'Ts" for gals interested in at-home waxing:
1. DO start with the legs if you’ve never given yourself a wax before (more here).
2. DON’T attempt a Brazilian wax by yourself.
3. DO apply tooth numbing cream in the area you plan to wax about half an hour prior.
4. DON’T moisturize right before the wax.
5. DO soak up moisture with baby powder, which will allow the wax to adhere to your hair better.
6. DON’T pull at the hair every which way. Make sure you’re pulling the wax strip against the grain of hair growth.
7. DO exfoliate and moisturize after waxing to smooth skin and to remove any wax residue.
8. DON’T go over the same area more than three times -- you will irritate the skin and increase your odds of ingrown hairs.