Sunday, May 15, 2011

Singapore Fashion Festival: Day 2 & Erdem


IMG-20110514-01505
I spent Saturday lunchtime scarfing up paneer masala dosa in Little India, and nosing around a boutique hotel (more of this later), before spending the afternoon comatose. I am not adapting at all well to jet lag, waking at 4am every morning and sleeping in the afternoons. On the upside I get a lot of work done whilst London is closed & my email is silent.
Managing to crawl from my bed at 6pm to dress for Erdem’s show, the second night highlight of the festival, I headed to Orchard. Of course I had already seen the collection in London but this time, in a front row seat so close I could practically touch the clothes, I got to really concentrate on the exquisite workmanship, exacting cut and deliriously beautiful prints (all of which are designed by Erdem himself).
And it wasn’t just me raving afterwards: the Asian journalists were spellbound too, justfying the decision to bring Erdem over to show here.
IMG-20110514-01504
IMG_0012 IMG_0002
IMG_0021
And then to the St Regis-hosted private after-dinner for Erdem, where the floral designers had created a garden fantasy to evoke Erdem’s blissful prints:
IMG_0027 IMG_0031
And then home to my hotel around midnight before jetlag caused me to pass out in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment