EAT PRAY LOVE
I fell in love with author Elizabeth Gilbert's book Eat Pray Love when I read it from top to bottom over a year ago. Naturally, I was so excited when I found out that Julia Robert's would be starring in the movie coming out this August.
And contrary to what the message in the book tells you to explore, I have found myself just too busy and rundown to head to the theatre to watch the movie. I also generally find it to be true that while I may devour and j'adore every detail that the author shares in a novel, the movie usually fizzles and can never hold up to the written word. Example: Dan Brown's (The Davinci Code and Angels and Demons.) I'm hoping that this will not be the case for Eat Pray Love! In the meantime I've looked to good friend and fellow blogger Willie Waffle to share his review of the movie. Wille gave it 2 1/2 waffles.
Willie says, " Eat Pray Love is one of those movies where you know exactly what you are going to get, kinda like comfort food for your movie going soul."
But don't worry I'll be headed out very soon to go see for myself. What did you think of the movie? Did you read the book too?
And speaking of the "Eat" part of the movie, don't forget to enter to win the DC on HEELS and Dining in DC-- Ultimate Restaurant Week Giveaway contest! It's so easy and the prizes are amazing. You could win:
1. One (1) $75 dining gift certificate to Capital Restaurant Concepts (for use at any of their area eateries, such as J.Paul's, Old Glory, Georgia Browns, and Neyla's)
2. Two (2) $75 dining gift certificates to Buddha-Bar DC
3. One (1) dining gift certificate to Thunder Burger and Bar
4.One (1) $75 dining gift certificate to Sushi Rock
Here's all you have to do:
1. Dine out during Restaurant Week and take picture(s) of your meal.
2. Send the photos,along with the price of the meal and explanation of whether or not you think it was a "Deal or No Deal" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions are due no later than midnight, Friday, Aug 27, 2010. Please include your name and telephone number.
4. Five (5) lucky winners will be announced on Dining in DC and DC on Heels on Friday, Sept. 10, 2010
--At least one (1) winner will be selected at random that is a Facebook fan of DC on Heels
--At least one (1) winner will be selected at random from the Dining in DC subscriber list.
--The other three (3) winners will be selected based on their "Deal or No Deal" submissions.
Rules: Only amateur photographers are eligible. One entry per person.
Ok we've got the "eat" part of things down, don't forget to pray and love as well!
Like our blog? Then nominate us!